PM hopes next election to be free, fair
DHAKA : Expressing her firm optimism that next general election would be free and fair, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today said Awami League believes in democracy and the people’s rights to vote.
“We believe in democracy, the people’s empowerment and their voting rights … I hope that every election in future would be free and fair,” she said.
She added: “Our aim is that the next election would be free, fair and impartial and the people will cast their votes and will elect their representative as per their wish … it totally depends on them.”
Sheikh Hasina, also the AL president, said this while delivering her introductory speech at a joint emergency meeting of AL Central Working Committee and Advisory Council at Ganabhaban here tonight.
The meeting has been conveyed to decide about the Search Committee’s request to send five names from each party, who participated in the dialogue with the President, for constituting the next election commission.
Pointing out the recent district council elections and Narayanganj City Corporation polls, the premier said those elections were held in a free, fair and neutral manner.
“The people casted vote in that elections as per their wish and they got the results in the way they exercised their franchise of vote … I hope that the people would cast vote in every future poll as per their wish. It was our slogan and we want to ensure it,” she added.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby