PM hopes for further advancement in new year
Dhaka : Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Friday expressed her firm optimism that Bangladesh would advance further and the countrymen would get a beautiful life in Bangla Nababarsha.
‘Bangladesh would move ahead further in Bangla Nababarsha by clearing all ‘janjal’ (rubbishes) of the past year and the people of the country would live in ‘anandaloke’ (utopia) by getting a beautiful life Insha Allah,’ she hoped.
The prime minister expressed the optimism while exchanging Bangla Nababarsha 1424 greetings with a cross section of people including leaders and workers of her party at the Ganabhaban lawn here this morning.
Sheikh Hasina, also the Awami League president, reiterated her determination to build a hunger and poverty-free Sonar Bangla as dreamt by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. ‘We have firm belief that we could achieve the goal,’ she said.
At the outset of her speech, the premier extended her Nababarsha greeting to the countrymen and expatriates Bangladeshis.
She also thanked the artistes who performed cultural function at Ganabhaban today on the occasion of Bangla Nababarsha. ‘The Nababarsha function got a new dimension through it,’ she said.
Earlier, on her arrival at the venue at about 10.30 am, the prime minister was greeted with bouquets by the central leaders of Bangladesh Awami League. At the time Rabindranath Tagore’s famous Baishakhi song ‘Esho He Baishakh Esho Esho’ was sung by artistes Subir Nandi, Lily Islam, Shama Rahman and others.
Sheikh Hasina later enjoyed traditional folk and baul songs, patriotic songs, Bhawaiya, Tagore songs, Nazrul songs, songs of Hasan Rana and Rajanikanta as well as dance that highlighted Bangalees’ rich culture and tradition.
Subir Nandi, Lily Islam, Shama Rahman, Dinat Jahan Munni, Shabnam Sheuli, Fakir Mandal and other eminent singers of the country performed songs on the occasion.
The cultural programme ended with famous Tagore song ‘Ananda Loke and Mangol Aloke’ sung by Awami League leaders. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also sang with them.
On the occasion, the guests were entertained with traditional Bangalee foods like moa, murki, muroli, kadma, zilapi, and other kinds of sweetmeats.
Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu, Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed, Agriculture Minister Begum Matia Chowdhury, Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, Minister for Housing and Public Works Engineer Mosharraf Hossain, Awami League Presidium Members Muhammad Faruk Khan and Dr Abdur Razzak, Awami League Joint General Secretaries Mahbubul Alam Hanif, Jahangir Kabir Nanak and Abdur Rahman, Organzing Secretaries AFM Bahauddin Nasim and Ahmed Hossain, Publicity Secretary Dr Hasan Mahmud, Law Secretary Abdul Matin Khasru, Chief Whip of Jatiya Sangsad ASM Feroz, among others, were present.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby