PM gives financial assistance to 7 BNP-Jamaat arson attack victims
DHAKA : Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today gave financial assistance to seven victims including the then SSC examinees Minhajul Islam Anik and Shahriyar Hridoy of Feni who were seriously injured in arson and bomb attacks carried out by the BNP-Jamaat nexus during their hartal and blockade in 2014 and 2015.
The premier handed over a cheque for Taka 10 lakh each to Amena Aktar Jesmine, mother of Anik and Abul Khair, father of Rhidoy, at a function at her office here this morning, PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim said.
He said the prime minister also distributed a cheque for Tk 10 lakh each to Assistant Commissioner (land) Abdul Qadir Mia of Tejgaon Circle in Dhaka, Giasuddin Ahmed of Sreepur, Gazipur and Md Liton Mia of Shailakupa,Jhenidah, and a cheque for Tk five lakh each to Syed Md Abdul Matin of Madhya Paikpara, Mirpur in Dhaka and Md Selim Hossain Selim of Bangshal, Dhaka.
While handing over the cheques, Sheikh Hasina enquired about the health condition of the victims and consoled them. A heart-rending scene was created at that time.
The victims of the BNP-Jamaat arson and bomb attacks expressed their heartfelt gratitude to the prime minister for providing financial assistance to them.
Earlier, the prime minister took responsibility for the treatment of Anik, Rhidoy and Abdul Qadir Mia. As part of the initiative, Anik and Qadir Mia were sent to India for better treatment.
Anik and Rhidoy, both the SSC examinees of Feni Government Pilot High School, suffered critical injuries when masked terrorists hurled a crude bomb on them in Feni town on January 5 in 2015.
They were returning home by a rickshaw from their private tutor’s house at that time. Various parts of the body of Anik were burnt in the bomb explosion. His both eyes were damaged seriously.
Anik was first admitted to Feni Modern Sadar Hospital and later was shifted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital. He was later taken to the National Institute of Ophthalmology for his eye treatment and sent to Chennai of India for better treatment.
On the other hand, the then Feni Executive Magistrate Abdul Qadir Mia sustained injuries in a crude bomb attack by miscreants in the district town on January 9 in 2015. The miscreants hurled the crude bomb at a microbus carrying Qadir near the police quarters on Shaheed Shahidullah Qaiser Road around 9:05pm.
The magistrate was on his way to Dhaka-Chittagong Highway to perform his duty with members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB).
PM’s Adviser HT Imam, Principal Secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury, Senior Secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office Suraiya Begum and Local Government Secretary Abdul Malek were present on the occasion.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby