PM arrives in Zurich to attend WEF meeting
ZURICH, Switzerland : Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived here this morning on a five-day official visit to Switzerland to join the 47th Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum (WEF).
Executive Chairman of the WEF Prof Klaus Schwab invited her to attend the Forum who would be the first elected Bangladeshi leader to attend the high profile annual global meeting that draws statesmen, top business leaders and the intelligentsia to discuss crucial global issues, foreign ministry sources said.
The four-day meeting will be held January 17-20 in Davos, a mountain resort at Graubnden in the eastern Alps region of Switzerland, under the theme “Responsive and Responsible Leadership”.
The Eitihad Airways flight carrying the premier and her entourage members landed at Zurich International Airport at 6:06 a.m. (local time), PM’s press secretary Ihsanul Karim told BSS over phone.
Bangladesh Ambassador to Switzerland and Permanent Representative to the UN Offices Shameem Ahsan received her at the airport.
From the airport, the premier in a ceremonial motorcade was taken to Silvretta Parkhotel where she will be staying during the visit.
On her way to Davos, Sheikh Hasina made a stopover at Abu Dhabi International Airport for one hour and 20 minutes.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem