Patrons of militants to be brought to justice: IGP
DHAKA : Inspector General of Police (IGP) AKM Shahidul Haque today said the patrons of militants are being identified and they would be brought to justice soon.
“The patrons of militants would be brought to justice after identifying soon,” he said while addressing a function at the Police headquarters here.
The function was organized in honour of two policemen who were killed in a recent anti-militancy drive in Sylhet.
Referring to the stand of police against militancy, Haque said, police are working relentlessly along with other law enforcement agencies to stop militancy and other terrorist activities.
Urging policemen to ignore irresponsible comments of some political leaders, Haque said, the mass people and the police rejected their ill efforts to make anti-militancy drives questionable.
He said the country will remember the contributions of the heroes like Lieutenant Colonel Abul Kalam Azad, Assistant Police Commissioner Md Rabiul Islam, Officer-in-Charge Salauddin and Constable Ansarul, who were killed in different anti-militancy drives recently.
Haque also recalled the contributions of the two cops — Chowdhury Mohammad Abu Kaiser, 50, and Monirul Islam, 39 — who were killed during the drive at Atiya Villa in Shibbari of Sylhet.
Later, the IGP handed over saving certificates worth Taka 20 lakh and Taka 4 lakh in cash to each of the families of Abu Kaiser and Monirul Islam.
Additional IGP of police headquarters (HRM) Md Moinur Rahman and Sylhet Metropolitan Police Commissioner Golam Kibria, among others, addressed the function while senior officials were present.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem