Over 40.64 lakh cases disposed of in three yrs: Anisul
SANGSAD BHABAN : A total of 40,64,537 cases were disposed of in last three years.
Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Anisul Huq
told the Jatiya Sangsad today while replying to a tabled question
from treasury bench member Mohammad Subid Ali Bhuiyan with
Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury in the chair.
The minister said the present government has taken various
pragmatic steps to reduce the case logjam and achieved an
outstanding success in disposing of 40,64,537 cases in the last
He said the government is working relentlessly to reach
justice at the doorsteps of the mass people.
About different steps to ensure quick disposal of cases, Anisul
said, “The government is taking steps to quick disposal of cases
by setting up 41 Women and Children Repression Prevention
Tribunal across the country.” He said the disposal of sensational
cases, including Rajon murder in Sylhet and Rakib killing in
Khulna, within a shortest possible time has achieved confidence
of the people in the judiciary.
The law minister, in reply to another question, said the
trial process of 21 August Grenade attack case is about to reach
the final stage.
The minister reiterated that the government, as part of reducing
the case logjam, is trying to implement different steps including
amending related laws, appointment of judges and setting up new
courts, he added.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem