One-party rule makes a comeback
Dhaka : Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) senior leader Moudud Ahmed on Saturday said Awami Leagued has reestablished a ‘one-party rule’ in the country as the party does not believe in the Liberation War spirit.
“The one-party governing system which is now in place in the country goes against the Liberation War spirit, democracy and independence. Awami League, in fact, doesn’t believe in the Liberation War ethos,” he said.
Speaking at a discussion, the BNP leader further said, “We’ve lost democracy. We now must get united under Khaleda Zia’s leadership to restore it.”
Zia Sangskritik Sangathan (Zisas), a pro-BNP platform, arranged the programme at the Jatiya Press Club.
Referring to the recent militant attacks and attest of extremist, Moudud, a BNP standing committee member, urged the government to forge a national unity together with all political parties to eliminate militancy.
About the next general election, he said it must be held under a non-party supportive government with the participation of all parties. “We would like to strongly say that the government won’t be allowed this time to hold a one-party election.”
Speaking at another programme, BNP standing committee member Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain said their party and the country’s people do not want the Prime Minister to sign any other deal except Teesta water sharing one during her upcoming visit.
Khandaker Delwar Hossain Smriti Foundation organised the programme at Segunbagicha Kachi Kachar Mela auditorium, marking former BNP secretary general Delwar Hossain’s 6th death anniversary.
About the media repots on signing a deafen deal with India, the BNP leader said, “The Indian government is saying a defence deal will be signed while our government is saying a memorandum of understating will be inked. The government must clear it before people for which security concern we need to sign such a deal. No agreement can be signed keeping people in dark.”
Mosharraf urged the country’s people to remain aware as various plots are on against the country and its independence and sovereignty.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby