One of 3 Borohat deceased involved in Sylhet blasts
Dhaka : Three suspected militants, including a woman, were found dead at Borohat militant den during their operation “Maximus” in Moulvibazar municipality area on Saturday morning.
A team of Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) recovered the bodies in the building after they resumed their operation, ‘Maximus’, at the den, chief of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit Monirul Islam told reporters at a press briefing after the end of the operation.
Monirul Islam said that one of the dead militants was directly involved in two bomb blasts near the suspected militant hideouts in Shibbari area of Sylhet city while joint forces conducted operation ‘Twilight’ last week.
He said the bombs thrown by the militant killed Lt Col Abul Kalam Azad, the chief of the intelligence wing of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB), two policemen and four other people. Later, he took shelter in the military den at Borohat.
Based on intelligence information, the law enforcers kept the den cordoned off since Wednesday, said the CTTC chief.
He added that the female militant threw two grenades from the roof of the building on Friday. One of the grenades went off while another remained unexploded.
“The law enforcers also asked the militants to surrender several times. But they did not response. After concluding the operation, the SWAT team entered the building and found the bodies lying on the floor,” he said.
Kamrul Ahsan, deputy inspector general of Sylhet Range, was present during the briefing with the CTTC chief.
Earlier, the team reached the spot at about 8:30am and resumed the drive at 10:32am.
Meanwhile, local people heard the sounds of gunshots at about 10:30am.
Earlier on Friday, the SWAT members started the operation at about 9:53am at the suspected militant den and suspended it after 7:00pm.
The law enforcers have kept the den cordoned off since early Wednesday, while the local administration banned any public gathering in the area for security reasons.
Earlier, on Thursday, the law enforcers found the limbs of seven bodies scattered at Nasirpur den in Moulvibazar Sadar upazila after the operation ‘Hitback’. Police suspect that all of them were killed in suicide blasts on Wednesday.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem