Offenders to be punished for textbook errors
DHAKA, shadhinbangla24.com : Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid today said officials, who have shown negligence regarding printing of textbooks for primary and secondary level education, will be punished.
“We will not tolerate any negligence in printing of textbooks….. Officials responsible for mistakes in textbooks will be punished after submission of probe report,” he said at a press briefing at his ministry here.
Education Secretary Md Sohrab Hossain and senior officials of the Education Ministry, among others, were present at the press conference.
Nahid said, “It is a huge task of printing a large number of textbooks, which are distributed among the students on first day of New Year. Our efforts of distributing textbooks among the students at primary and secondary level students are lauded globally.”
“We have already taken action against two officials on the basis of preliminary investigation. A three-member probe committee has been formed to identify officials responsible over the mistakes in textbooks,” he added.
The minister said the probe committee has been asked to submit its report within next seven working days.
“After submission of the report, we will take necessary measures to correct mistakes in textbooks alongside taking action against officials responsible,” he added.
The Education Ministry sources said 36,21,82,245 textbooks were distributed among 4,26,35,929 students of pre-primary, primary, ebtedayee, secondary, dakhil and technical students for the 2017 academic year on January 1.
More News »
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84