Number of e-TIN holders stand at 27 lakh
DHAKA : The number of total e-TIN (electronic Tax Identification Number) holders in the country has stood at 27 lakh.
“NBR has registered a total of 27 lakh e-TINs till February 1 this year, which is a record in NBR’s lifetime,” National Board of Revenue (NBR) chairman Md Nojibur Rahman told BSS.
“It is really a milestone. We have a target of bringing three lakh fresh people under tax net in the current fiscal year and NBR have already achieved this target,” he added.
He said NBR is hopeful of increasing the number of e-TIN holders to 30 lakh in fiscal year 2016-17 as it is issuing 6 to 7 thousand new e-TINs everyday on an average.
The number of e-TIN holders is increasing because people are aware about the payment of tax, he said, adding that NBR has been able to remove fear among people about tax.
“People can now pay tax in a hassle-free atmosphere as the NBR has been able to make all its tax officers tax-payer friendly,” said the NBR chief.
The number of e-TIN holders was below 12 lakh in fiscal year 2015-16. In the last six months, NBR issued 15 lakh new e-TINs.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem