None will be spared for errors in textbooks: minister
Dhaka : Primary and Mass Education Minister Mostafizur Rahman today said none of the persons responsible for mistakes in the textbooks will be spared.
“The government has already taken action against some responsible
persons for mistakes in the primary and secondary school textbooks,” he told the Jatiya Sangsad while replying to a supplementary question from Jatiya Party member Peer Fazlur Rahman.
In the meantime, the education ministry has formed a probe committee in this regard and responsible persons are being identified for committing intentional or unintentional mistakes in the textbooks, the minister said.
He said that the government would take necessary action against
responsible persons after completion of the investigation.
The minister said the probe committee is also investigating the whole
matters and responsible persons will not be spared. .
Mostafizur informed the House that the National Curriculum and Textbook Board (NCTB) publishes nearly 11 to 11.5 crore books for primary schools. The ministry pays around Taka 11 crore as fee for publishing the textbooks.
The minister said the NCTB is responsible for preparing curriculum and proof reading of the textbooks. The NCTB is also publishes textbooks for the education ministry, he added.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem