No scope of debate on EC reconstitution
DHAKA : Awami League Joint General Secretary Mahabub-ul-Alam Hanif today said there is no scope of debate on the formation of the new Election Commission (EC).
“BNP’s main business is to create controversy over everything . . . But there is no scope of debate on the Election Commission,” he said while speaking at a meeting at Azimpur Convention Centre here organised by Lalbagh Thana unit of AL.
Referring to the search committee and proposed names of the 31 political parties about formation of EC, Hanif said the search committee will form new election commission picking up the suitable and efficient persons of the proposed ones.
He alleged that BNP frequently raised question about the search committee formation and they (BNP) would also create controversy over the next EC as it has become BNP’s regular activities.
AL Office Secretary Dr Abdus Sobhan Golap, local lawmaker Hazi Mohammad Selim, general secretary of Dhaka South City unit of AL Shahe Alam Murad and Joint General Secretary Kamal Chowdhury, among others, spoke.
Vice-President of 32 No ward AL Humayun Kabir presided over the meeting.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby