No scope for Bangladesh to lag behind: Inu
BENAPOL : Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu, MP, said today that in the age of globalization and information technology there was no scope to keep the nation back.
He urged the Customs Department to play a proactive role in eliminating militancy and in the building of a digital nation.
The minister was speaking as the chief guest, here, on the occasion of International Customs’ Day.
“The Customs and business must come out of the vicious circle and irregularity and increase public revenue,” he said.
He also promised to take up the issue of the many problems plaguing Benapole Land Port with the prime minister.
Chaired by the Customs’ Commissioner, Jessore, Jamal Hossain, the meeting was addressed by lawmaker Sheikh Afiluddin, Member (Tax ,Legal and Enforcement) Mahbubur Rahman, CEO of ETV and president of Bangladesh Federal Union of Journalists’ (BFUJ) Manjurul Ahsan Bulbul, Film Actor Akbar Hossain Pathan Faruk, CO of 26 BGB Battalion Lt Col Jahangir Hossain and other prominent persons.
Earlier, a colorful rally was brought out with banners and festoons that marched around the land port.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem