No outdoor programs after 5pm on Pahela Baishakh
DHAKA : Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal yesterday said the government has taken tight security measures across the country for smooth celebration of Pahela Baishakh, the first day of Bangla New Year, which falls on April 14.
The authorities concerned were asked to refrain from arranging any cultural programme at open places after 5 pm on the day of Pahela Baishakh for security concern, he told reporters after attending a meeting on law and order situation ahead of the Bengali New Year’s day.
He said the government has placed a ban on more than one person riding on a motorbike on the day and asked not to carry bags on shoulder or hand for security concern on the day.
The meeting also decided not to allow more than one person on a motorcycle on the day, and urged all to refrain from carrying any bag, the minister said, adding that it was also decided to ban the use of any instrument that can create loud sound during ‘Mangal Shobhajatra’.
Tight security measures also beefed up in Ramna park area, Dhaka university campus, Shahbag and Suhrawardy Udyan to ensure security on that day
Closed circuit cameras and watch tower will be installed all important spots where celebration programmes to be held on the day to avert any unwanted incident while plainclothes law enforcers would be deployed to stop eve-teasing in the capital.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby