No consultation with BNP on EC formation: Nasim
DHAKA : Awami League Presidium Member and Health Minister Mohammad Nasim today ruled out any possibility of holding any dialogue with BNP to form the next election commission.
“There is no room for holding dialogue with the killers. Hardly any result was produced from previous dialogues with them. So, we don’t have much time to make a futile exercise,” he said while speaking as the chief guest at 2nd installation ceremony of Bangladesh National Alliance (BNP) on Supreme Court Bar Association premises here.
BNA President Barrister Nazmul Huda chaired the function, which was addressed, among others, by Information Minister Hasanul Haque Inu, leading business personality Salman F Rahman and BNA Secretary General Sekander Ali Moni.
Nasim said BNP chairperson should immediately discard Jamaat-E-Islami in order to show respect to the popular demand. Otherwise, he said, the people will abandon Khaleda Zia and her party in next general elections.
Inu said the government would not give any concession on the question of curbing militancy which was nourished by Khaleda Zia for long. Begum Zia is the president of ‘militancy club’, he said adding, the BNP chairperson has to apologize before the nation for several reasons that include arsons and petrol bombs.
Nazmul Huda, once a BNP minister, said the country was experiencing one of the best democratic environments since its independence. The people who doubt about Awami League’s popularity were basically living in a fool’s paradise, he added.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem