NBR to introduce email services to stop harassments
DHAKA : National Board of Revenue (NBR) will launch feedback email services in its three departments to stop harassment of businessmen and all other taxpayers.
The three departments are income tax, value added tax (VAT) and excise.
The taxpayers will get all remedies by informing the authorities about harassment by tax officers or any other problem through emails, NBR Chairman M. Nozibur Rahman said addressing a seminar at Mohakhali RAOWA Club in the city.
The email Ids are: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customs, Excise and VAT Commissionerate (North) organized this
motivational seminar on VAT and supplementary tax laws of 2012.
Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) President Abdul Matlub Ahmad, NBR Members Barrister Jahangir Hossain and Sultan Mahmud, VAT Intellegence Department Director General Khandaker Aminur Rahman and FBCCI Director Abul Kashem Khan addressed the seminar, among others.
The NBR is proceeding towards digitalization, Nozibur Rahman said, adding that all business establishments would have to install ECR machines.
Bangladesh is a role model regarding revenue collection, he said and added that the NBR is trying to expand tax net without increasing tax loads.
Matlub Ahmed said the business community wants the VAT law to come into force on July 1, 2017.
He, however, demanded fixing the rate of VAT at 7 percent instead of 15 percent. He hoped the new online VAT project of NBR will stop harassment of taxpayers. The FBCCI president urged NBR to provide the businessmen with ECR machines free of cost.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem