NBR plans to reward tax-paying families
DHAKA : The National Board of Revenue (NBR) has planned to reward the families whose all eligible members submit income tax return.
“To motivate people for submitting income tax return, we’ve mulled to introduce tax-paying family award for those with all eligible members paying tax,” said NBR Chairman Nojibur Rahman.
He said the tax officials have already been directed to find the way for giving the reward.
The NBR Chairman revealed this while talking to BSS last week during a two-day visit to country’s southern region to boost revenue generation.
Mentioning that the tax payers are being welcomed warmly, Nojibur said taxpaying is a credit and now the people of Bangladesh feel proud of submitting income tax return.
During the visit, the NBR Chairman also attended two pre-budget discussions in Bagerhat and Gopalganj to know tax proposals from the people at the grassroots.
He laid emphasis on strengthening working cooperation among port and customs authorities for faster releasing of containers.
Nojibur hoped the new VAT Law to be effective from July 1 would bring more dynamism to country’s economy and sought cooperation from businessmen in the enforcement of the law.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem