‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
Dhaka : Razzak, the actor who made tremendous contributions to Bangla cinema, and won the hearts of millions over the years, has turned 76 years today.
He is referred to as Nayak Raj Razzak, a title given by Ahmed Zaman Chowdhury, editor of Chitrali.
Abdur Razzak is a Bangladeshi actor and film director. He was born on January 231942 in Naktala, South Kolkata.
He was given the Independence Day Award in 2015 by the Government of Bangladesh.
During his adolescence, he participated in theatre productions in Kolkata. While studying at a college in Kolkata, he made his first film appearance in “Ratan Lal Bangali”. Hoping to become a film star, Razzak went to study film in Filmalaya in Mumbai, India in 1961.
Returning from Mumbai, he performed in two movies in Kolkata, “Pankotilak” and “Shilalipi”. However, the Hindu-Muslim riot which broke out in 1964 forced Razzak and his family to migrate to Dhaka.
After migrating to East Pakistan, Razzak found the path to stardom was not easy. Initially, he acted in TV plays. He became a favourite of the viewers of Pakistani television, acting in the series Ghoroa.
However, he remained focused on his dream of becoming a ‘film star’. A pioneering filmmaker in Bangladesh, Abdul Jabbar Khan, helped Razzak to join Iqbal Films Limited.
Razzak was the assistant to the director Kamal Ahmed in the movie Ujala.
Razzak’s major breakthrough in movies was his performance in Salahuddin’s Tero Nombor Feku Ostagar Lane.
He acted in other movies like Neel Akasher Nichey, Maynamati, Moner Moto Bou, Swaralipi, Osru Diye Likha, Jibon Theke Neya, and Obujh Mon.
Razzak’s first big break in cinema came with his role in Zahir Raihan’s Behula in 1966.
He has acted in leading roles with many prominent actors, including Anwar Hossain, Bulbul Ahmed, Sohel Rana, Ilias Kanchan, Shuchanda, Shabana, Bobita, Kabori, Sujata, Shabnam and others. He appeared in a number of films opposite actress Shabana.
He went on to make more than 300 appearances in Bengali and Urdu movies.
The five-time National Award-winning actor has also earned fame as director. He also directed around sixteen movies.
He won the hearts of millions through his powerful acting in the film “Rangbaj”. It was first modern action film in Bangladesh. In 1976, he emerged as producer with the film “Akankha”.
Razzak is a UNFPA goodwill ambassador. He was also the founding president of Bangladesh Film Artistes’ Association.
Razzak is married to Rajlokhhi. Together they have three sons, Bapparaj, Bappi, and Samrat, and one daughter, Moina.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby