Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
LOS ANGELES : Hollywood star Natalie Portman has given birth to a girl, her representative said on Friday.
It is the second child for the 35-year-old Oscar-winning actress and her husband, French choreographer Benjamin Millepied, six years after the birth of their son Aleph.
“Natalie Portman and her husband Benjamin Millepied welcomed a baby girl, Amalia Millepied, on February 22. Mother and baby are happy and healthy,” her representative said in a statement circulated to US media.
Portman attended the Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild Awards in January but skipped Sunday’s Oscars, where she was nominated for best actress for her performance in “Jackie,” about the late US First Lady Jackie Kennedy.
Critics raved about how accurately Portman managed to capture Kennedy’s voice and personality.
Portman won a best actress Oscar for 2010’s psychological ballet thriller “Black Swan,” and it was on the set of the movie that she met Millepied.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem