NAPE DG killed in road crash, 5 officials injured
Chittagong : Md. Fazlur Rahman, National Academy for Primary Education (NAPE) Director General was killed in a road crash in Borabihat area of Fatikchhari upazila of Chittagong on Saturday morning.
Five others, including two NAPE officials, were also injured in the head-on collision between a microbus and a rod-laden truck, said Razib, sub-inspector of Fatikchhari Police Station.
The accident took place in front of ‘Ananda Community Centre’ in the area around 9:30am when the truck hit the Khagrachhari-bound microbus carrying officials of NAPE, leaving six of them, including Fazlur, injured, reports UNB.
Later, the injured were rushed to the Chittagong Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Fazlur, 55, dead, said the SI.
Of the injured, four were identified as Rafiqul Islam, superintendent of Primary Teacher Training Institute (PTI) of Chittagong, Mushfeqa Binte Sultan, superintendent of Patiya PTI, Saiful, a messenger of PTI, microbus driver Ali Hossain.
The NAPE officials were going to Khagrachhari to attend a programme there, added the SI.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem