Nahid seeks UK cooperation for quality education
DHAKA : Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid today sought cooperation of the United Kingdom (UK) for improving quality of education.
“The United Kingdom is an important development partner of Bangladesh…. The UK is extending supports in different fields of development in Bangladesh,” he said when a 10-member delegation led Mayor of London Borough of Camden Nadia Shah met him at his ministry here.
Nahid said Bangladesh has made a significant progress in different indicators of education including checking drop-out rate and achieving gender parity as the government has implemented many pragmatic programmes, an official release said.
He said, “At present, 14 percent students are pursuing technical education in the country. We are planning to reach 20 percent by 2021 to make Bangladesh an economically advanced country.”
Nadia Shah expressed keen interest in extending her support for empowerment of women and education of underprivileged children.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby