Myanmar seeks talks for repatriation of only new arrivals
Dhaka: Myanmar wants to start consultations for verification and repatriation of only those ‘who are proved to have fled from Myanmar’ since October 9 last though Bangladesh demands taking back all the documented and undocumented Myanmar nationals with new arrivals.
Around 65,000 people fled Myanmar and entered Bangladesh since October 9 last and the influx is still on, according to officials at the Foreign Ministry here.
Quoting a statement of the Myanmar Ministry of Foreign Affairs, its Ministry of Information posted a news report on its official website saying Myanmar and Bangladesh have “agreed” to start consultations for verification and repatriation of those who are proved to have fled from Myanmar following the October 9 attacks against police outposts.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Myanmar released the statement following the visit of the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Kyaw Tin to Bangladesh as a special envoy, the report says.
During the visit, Kyaw Tin, accompanied by Myanmar Ambassador to Bangladesh Myo Myint Than, met Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday.
Prior to the meeting, the special envoy also met with Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali and Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque.
During the meetings, Bangladesh clearly conveyed Myanmar side to take back all Myanmar nationals — documented, undocumented and new arrivals – as soon as possible, according to Bangladesh’s Foreign Ministry.
Bangladesh also proposed a coordinated and holistic approach to stop the marginalisation of Rakhine Muslims, restore peace and stability in Rakhine State ensuring their livelihoods so that Myanmar nationals living in Bangladesh feel encouraged to return home.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby