Mustafizur Rahman reaches top 10 in T20I bowlers ranking
Sports Desk : Young Bangladesh left-arm seamer Mustafizur Rahman has moved into the top 10 bowlers ranking for the first time in Twenty-20 Internationals.
The left-arm seamer leaped 10 places to 10th in the rankings for the shortest format after playing the first two of the three-match series against New Zealand.
Allrounder Shakib Al Hasan moved three places up to be on 11th behind 21-year-old Mustafizur on the list with no other Bangladesh bowler in its top 20.
Mustafizur,who won the ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year award last year, grabbed 1-21 in the first game at McLean Park and returned 0-30 at the Bay Oval.
“Rankings are an important indicator of consistency in performance and I am very happy and inspired to see myself in the top ten for the first time,” ICC quoted Mustafizur as saying in a reaction on their website.
The wily seamer suffered a five-month injury lay-off before returning to the team in the ODI series against New Zealand last month and is yet to return to best form.
South Africa legspinner Imran Tahir is at the summit of the ranking for T20I bowlers.
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways