Mustafizur Rahman reaches top 10 in T20I bowlers ranking
Sports Desk : Young Bangladesh left-arm seamer Mustafizur Rahman has moved into the top 10 bowlers ranking for the first time in Twenty-20 Internationals.
The left-arm seamer leaped 10 places to 10th in the rankings for the shortest format after playing the first two of the three-match series against New Zealand.
Allrounder Shakib Al Hasan moved three places up to be on 11th behind 21-year-old Mustafizur on the list with no other Bangladesh bowler in its top 20.
Mustafizur,who won the ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year award last year, grabbed 1-21 in the first game at McLean Park and returned 0-30 at the Bay Oval.
“Rankings are an important indicator of consistency in performance and I am very happy and inspired to see myself in the top ten for the first time,” ICC quoted Mustafizur as saying in a reaction on their website.
The wily seamer suffered a five-month injury lay-off before returning to the team in the ODI series against New Zealand last month and is yet to return to best form.
South Africa legspinner Imran Tahir is at the summit of the ranking for T20I bowlers.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby