Mustafiz attains career-best ranking
Sports Desk : Bangladesh pace bowler Mustafizur Rahman has attained a career-best ranking of 18th after taking six wickets in the tournament, which has one match left to be played on Wednesday between New Zealand and Bangladesh.
Bangladesh’s Soumya Sarkar (up seven places to 27th) and Ireland captain William Porterfield (up one place to 59th) are among the others to gain in the rankings among batsmen, while New Zealand leg-spinner Ish Sodhi (up 25 places to 65th) is a major gainer among bowlers, says an ICC pace bowler.
There is little change in the MRF Tyres ICC ODI Team Rankings as New Zealand has gained a solitary point to remain in fourth position with 116 points while Bangladesh has stayed in seventh place with the pre-tournament 91 points.
Bangladesh can still go up to 93 points and increase its lead over Pakistan if it wins its last match against New Zealand. These points could be vital points towards qualification for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 as host England and seven other top-ranked sides as on 30 September 2017 gain direct places while the other four teams on the ODI table will go through a qualifying tournament. Pakistan is currently on 88 points while the West Indies is on 79 points.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem