Mushfiqur rushed to hospital after head hit
Sports Desk : Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim was taken to hospital after being felled by a Tim Southee delivery on the final morning of the first Test against New Zealand in Wellington on Monday.
Medical staff from both sides rushed to the wicket to tend to the diminutive batsman while an ambulance was driven on to the field.
Mushfiqur made 159 in the first innings but did not field because of injuries to his hands.
Short-pitched deliveries have been a feature of the Test with New Zealand batsman Mitchell Santner taking a fierce blow to the head from Taskin Ahmed whiled Neil Wagner was hit three times by Kamrul Islam drawing blood from his chin.
When Mushfiqur was injured, Bangladesh were 114-5 in their second innings, leading New Zealand by 170.
Meanwhile, there was doubt whether Imrul Kayes would finish his innings after being taken to hospital late on the fourth day after he damaged a hip joint diving to complete a single.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby