Movement to continue until democracy ‘restored’
Dhaka : BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Tuesday said their party will continue its movement until democracy is ‘restored’ in the country, UNB reports.
He came up with the remarks while talking to reporters after paying homage to the Language Movement martyrs by placing a wreath together with party leaders and activists at the Jatiya Shaheed Minar, marking the Shaheed Dibas and the International Mother Language Day.
“Every year we come to the Shaheed Minar to pay rich tributes to those who sacrificed their loves in 1952 for establishing a democratic country. But, now democracy his dead here while people’s all rights have been stanched,” the BNP leader said.
Under the current context, he further said, “We take a vow to carry out our movement to restore democracy, the main spirit of the Ekushey. Our struggle will continue until the victory is achieved.”
Mentioning that establishing democracy was the main spirit of the Language Movement and the Liberation War, Fakhrul said now there is no democracy in the country as Awami League betrayed the martyrs’ blood.
The BNP secretary general together with hundreds of his party colleagues went to the Shaheed Minar around 8am and placed a wreath there on the occasion.
Earlier, they offered fateha at the graves of Language Movement martyrs at Azimpur Graveyard.
Meanwhile, BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia along with the party’s senior leaders paid homage to the Language Movement heroes by placing a wreath at the main altar of the Shaheed Minar around 1:32am.
Wearing black badges, she also stood there in solemn silence for a while.
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir, standing committee members Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain, Mahbubur Rahman, Jamiruddin Sircar, Dr Abdul Moyeen Khan, Mirza Abbas, Nazrul Islam Khan, Amir Khasru Mahmud Chowdhury, vice chairmen Abdullah Al Noman, Selima Rahman, Mohammad Shahjahan, DR AZM Zahid, chairperson’s adviser Amanullah Aman, senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi and joint secretary general Khairul Kabir Khokon, among others, accompanied Khaleda.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem