Mosharraf asks BAPARD to contribute to poverty alleviation
DHAKA : Bangabandhu Academy for Poverty Alleviation and Rural Development (BAPARD) has been directed to formulate its specific goals for poverty alleviation and improvement of living standard of the people in the south-western part.
The directive came when LGRD and Cooperatives Minster Khandker Mosharraf Hossain was presiding over the 1st meeting of board governors of BAPARD, Gopalganj at the conference room of Local Government Division.
“BAPARD will conduct research programmes and qualitative trainings to create more skilled manpower,” he said.
State Minister for LGRD and Cooperatives Md Mashiur Rahman Ranga, Local Government Division Secretary Abdul Malek, Rural Development and Cooperatives Division Secretary Dr Prashanta Kumar Roy, BAPARD Acting Director General Ananda Chandra Biswas, board members and officials, among others, joined the meeting.
Mosharraf asked all concerned of the academy to devise work-plan to take ahead the institution as it can contribute to the betterment of the country.
He underscored the need for creating more skilled and trained manpower to make Bangladesh a middle income country by 2021 and developed one by 2041.
In 2012, the old BRDB Training Academy started its new journey as BAPARD.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina laid the foundation stone of the academy on November 16, 2011.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem