Monthly honourarium of mayors, chairmen, councilors increased
DHAKA : The government today issued a circular raising monthly honourariam and other benefits of its five-tier elected local representatives, including chairmen and members.
The representatives are mayors and councilors of city corporations, chairmen and members of Zila Parishads, chairmen and vice-chairmen of Upazila Parishads and chairmen and members of the union Parishads, said an official release.
According to the circular per month a mayor of a city corporation will get Taka 85, 000 and councilor Taka 35,000 with other benefits.
Each chairman of Zila Parishad (district council) will get Taka 54,000 and entertainment allowance Taka 5,000 which was earlier Taka 27,500 and 3,000 respectively while the honourarium of Zila Parishad member is Taka 35,000.
Besides, monthly honourarium of mayor (Grade-1 municipality) is Tk 38,000 and its councilor Tk 8,000, mayor (grade-2 municipality) is Tk 28,000 and its councilor Tk 7,000, while mayor of Grade-3 municipality will get Tk 24,000 and its councilor Tk 6,000.
Meanwhile, a chairman of the Upazila Parishad will get Taka 40,000 and vice-chairman Taka 27,000 which was earlier Taka 20,500 and Tk 25,000 respectively.
Every Union Parishad chairman from now on will get Taka 8,000 which was Tk 45,000 earlier and its each elected member of the Parishad will get Taka 5,000 including government part’s Tk 2,375.
It will come into effect from July 1 last year, the release added.
More News »
- Celebrities Who Love Watching Porn
- Actor Kalyan Corraya gets bail
- Want to reduce your BP and cholesterol, start eating blue maize
- Jewelleries that can dazzle your look, this 2017!
- President for highlighting country's history, heritage in film
- Wear your leather jacket stylishly
- Busting common myths about sunglasses
- Affleck's sex scenes with Miller ended in tears
- Finding love, not money, key to a happy life
- Contraceptives do not kill sexual desire
- Sonam hates removing make-up after parties!
- ‘Dangal’ inching closer to 350 Crore mark, creates HISTORY
- It's a good time for me: Priyanka
- Here's how hubby Karan made Bipasha's b'day extra special
- Celebs In The Most Bold Dresses Ever