Monthly honourarium of mayors, chairmen, councilors increased
DHAKA : The government today issued a circular raising monthly honourariam and other benefits of its five-tier elected local representatives, including chairmen and members.
The representatives are mayors and councilors of city corporations, chairmen and members of Zila Parishads, chairmen and vice-chairmen of Upazila Parishads and chairmen and members of the union Parishads, said an official release.
According to the circular per month a mayor of a city corporation will get Taka 85, 000 and councilor Taka 35,000 with other benefits.
Each chairman of Zila Parishad (district council) will get Taka 54,000 and entertainment allowance Taka 5,000 which was earlier Taka 27,500 and 3,000 respectively while the honourarium of Zila Parishad member is Taka 35,000.
Besides, monthly honourarium of mayor (Grade-1 municipality) is Tk 38,000 and its councilor Tk 8,000, mayor (grade-2 municipality) is Tk 28,000 and its councilor Tk 7,000, while mayor of Grade-3 municipality will get Tk 24,000 and its councilor Tk 6,000.
Meanwhile, a chairman of the Upazila Parishad will get Taka 40,000 and vice-chairman Taka 27,000 which was earlier Taka 20,500 and Tk 25,000 respectively.
Every Union Parishad chairman from now on will get Taka 8,000 which was Tk 45,000 earlier and its each elected member of the Parishad will get Taka 5,000 including government part’s Tk 2,375.
It will come into effect from July 1 last year, the release added.
More News »
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises