‘Mongol Shovajata’ brought out
Dhaka : Students of the Institute of Fine Arts of Dhaka University brought out a ‘Mongol Shovajatra’ (procession of good wishes) which got recognition from UNESCO as intangible cultural heritage last year.
The rally was brought out as the part of the celebration of Pahela Baishakh, the first day of Bangla calendar, at 9:05am on Friday.
The procession, led by Dhaka University Vice‐Chancellor Prof AAMS Arefin Siddique, was brought out from Charukala (Institute of Fine Arts of DU) and paraded different streets. Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor took part in the procession.
Meanwhile, Jagannath University students also brought out a ‘Mongol Shovajatra’ for the fourth time in the southern part of the Dhaka which paraded Johnson Road, Nawabpur Road, Wari, Tipu Sultan Road, Narinda, Dholaikhal.
Mongol Shobhajatra features large colourful masks, various animal‐shaped carnival floats, replicas of birds, butterflies, spinning wheel, traditional dolls and other motifs of Bangladeshi culture.
There is a ban on wearing masks during ‘Mongol Shovajatra’, carrying matches, lighters, handbags and vuvuzelas for security reason. Mongol Shobhajatras were escorted by cops.
Charupath, a Jessore‐based cultural organisation, organised Mongol Shovajatra for the first time.
The decision of inscribing Mongol Shovajatra on Unesco’s Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity was taken on November 30, 2016 at the 11th session of the intergovernmental committee on intangible cultural heritage, held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby