Mohila Awami League gets new leaders
Dhaka : The Mohila Awami League, ruling party women’s front, has got new leadership as Safia Khatun and Mahmuda Begum Krik were elected its President and general secretary respectively.
The new leadership of the associate body of the ruling party was announced on Saturday.
Awami League (AL) general secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader declared their names at the end of Mohila Awami League national council held at the Krishibid Institution auditorium in Dhaka, reports UNB.
Safia Khatun has been vice president of Mohila Awami League, while Mahmuda Begum Krik its organizing secretary.
Ashrafunnesa Mosharraf was the President of the outgoing committee of Mohila Awami League, while Pinu Khan was its acting general secretary.
AL President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was present at the council as the chief guest.
The last national council of Mohila Awami League was held in 2003.
Meanwhile, Shaheda Tarique Deepti and Sobnam Shila were elected president and general secretary of Mohila Awami League’s Dhaka North city unit respectively, while Sabera Begum and Nargis Rahman were elected president and general secretary of Mohila Awami League’s Dhaka South City unit respectively.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem