Militancy tops the country’s problems
DHAKA : Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu, MP, also president of Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD) told an extended meeting of his party’s central committee that despite the many problems facing the country militancy topped the list.
He clearly spelled out the goals of his party: a society free of militancy and inequality. “We’ve no choice but to eliminate the militants before we can address other problems, adequately” he said.
“However,” he added “The patrons of the militants have to be routed, too, otherwise they would continue to regenerate.”
The minister blamed Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) and Jamaat-i-Islam for actively patronizing the militants.
“Their activity is not limited to patronization alone, they were being inducted into their party, as well “he said. Adding, “This must stop, if the country was to completely free itself of the scourge of militancy.” Referring to the upcoming general election, he said “The choice of “musical chairs” should end. It is a choice between militancy and peace, therefore militants and their patrons need to be barred from the next polls.”
Mentioning Khaleda Zia by name, what he said “She is the “mother of all evils” and therefore she should not be allowed democratic space to build a constituency for militants.”
“She has organized the killers of ’71 and ’75 to create a syndicate headed by her”, he alleged. “It is a complex game they have hatched but, we, too, must rise to the occasion and give them a befitting reply, “he said.
“No Razakars would be allowed to participate in the next polls, only pro-Liberation elements will contest it,” he said.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem