Man killed in Pabna ‘gunfight’
Pabna : A man was killed during a reported gunfight with police at Atgharia upazila in Pabna in the early hours of Sunday.
The deceased is Sharif Hossain, in his thirties, a resident of Gachpara area at Sadar upazila in Pabna.
The Pabna police claimed Sharif was an accused of shooting the Atgharia police sub-inspectors Monir Hossain and Tofazzel Hossain.
The Pabna additional superintendent of police Gautam Kumar Sarker said being tipped of that the fugitive accused of shooting police officilas would pass through the Ekdonto union, police went took place at the spot. Sensing the presence of police, the miscreants opened fire to them at about 3:00am. However, police also fired back which triggered a gunfight among the law enforcers and miscreants. Later, the miscreants ran away from the spot, and police recovered Sharif in critically injured condition.
Police took him to Atgharia Upazila Health Complex, where doctors declared him dead.
The law enforcers also recovered a shutter gun, three bullets, a machete, and dagger from the spot.
Earlier, on 26 January, Atgharia police SI Monir Hossain and Tofazzel Hossain stopped a suspicious private car on the Dengargram Bridge at about 11:00am. However, miscreants on the car fired the police officials and fled from the spot.
Later, police filed two cases in this connection.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby