Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
Dhaka : Police on Thursday submitted a report after clearing Shahriar Islam Shawon, claimed himself as the husband of Bangladesh movie actress Mahia Mahi, from a case filed by the actress.
Police Sub-inspector (SI) Sohrab Mia submitted the report before Dhaka Chief Metropolitan Magistrate’s court.
On 28 May 2016, actress Mahia Mahi filed a case against Shawon with Uttara (West) police under Information and Technology act. Later, the court asked SI Sohrab to investigate the case.
On the same day, Mahi lodged a complaint with Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP)’s Cyber Crime branch against her self-proclaimed husband Shawon.
Detective Branch of DMP arrested Shawon in his South Badda’s residence over the complaints filed with Cyber Crime branch. Police also seized his personal computer.
According to the case statement, Bangladesh Cyber Crime Tribunal KM Shamsul Alam granted bail to Shawon on 5 June. The bail was granted on a mutual agreement between the defendant and the plaintiff.
The mutual covenant was signed between Mahi’s father and Shawon’s father before the relatives of both sides at Mahi’s Uttara residence on 5 June.
On 25 May 2016, Mahia Mahi got married with Sylhet businessman Parvez Ahmed Opu.
However, days after her marriage, the actress alleged some of her photos close with Shawon were published in media and Facebook.
Shahriar Islam Shawon, a Year-I student of Film and Media at Stamford University, claimed that Mahi was once married even before she decided to got married to him, which makes Mahi’s marriage to Opu her third.
However, the actress said the pictures were circulated online for demeaning her and so that her marriage breaks off.
More News »
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84