Luxury BMW seized in Banani
Dhaka: A team of the customs detectives seized a luxurious BMW X5 car from a house in Dhaka’s Banani area on Wednesday morning on charges of tax evasion and concealing information.
Though the BMW X5, worth around Tk 3.5 crore, was seized, the vehicle’s owner Mohammad Muhsin Alam is yet to be detained in this connection, said Director General of the Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID) Moinul Khan.
Tipped off, a team of the CIID conducted a raid at the basement of a house named Akashprodip in the area and seized the car that had a British registration plate on it, he added.
Moinul Khan said, ‘We recovered the vehicle on Tuesday night, but formally seized it on Wednesday morning after checking the documents.’
A case was filed with the Banani Police Station in this connection.
The car was brought in the country in 2011 though the Carnet de Passage facility.
After the validity of the facility expired, the owner kept the vehicle hidden in the basement of the house.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem