Letter sent to Cabinet Division for forming EC search committee
Dhaka : President Abdul Hamid today sent a letter to the Cabinet Division to form a six-member search committee for reconstitution of the Election Commission (EC), press secretary to the president Joynal Abedin told BSS.
The cabinet division, which will be in the secretarial role for the search committee, will soon announce the committee through a gazette notification, the press secretary said.
The committee will recommend the names of the members for reconstitution of the EC ahead of the next parliamentary polls. The next commission, which will have no more than five commissioners, will be in office for a five-year term.
The term of the current EC members will end in February.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby