Language, culture distinctive marks of nationhood
DHAKA : Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu, MP, yesterday said that language was the first sign of identity of a person. Those who want to destroy it are rootless people and they are resorting to militancy to destroy it. Therefore, we’ve no choice but to eliminate them.
The information minister was speaking as the chief guest on the eve of 21st February at a function organized by the North South University (NSU).
Language and culture are the fundamental features of a nation and most countries are based on it. He said there was no conflict between religion and culture.
The minister said when Iranians and Afghans celebrate “Naoroz” there are no eyebrows raised but when we celebrate “Pahela Baishakh” the militants try to obstruct it. The identity of the Bengali nation wrought with blood will not tolerate it and we will stand upright with our distinctive identity.
Applauded by thousands of attending students he said “We will defeat the militants and boycott and try their patrons.”
The minister paid glowing tributes to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the millions of martyrs who had sacrificed to make this land our own and said “We will uphold the four thousand year old civilization of the nation and build an egalitarian, green and prosperous country under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.”
The vice-chancellor of the university Professor Atiqul Islam chaired the meeting which was also addressed by the dean of the faculty of Arts and Social sciences.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem