Kuwait declares state of emergency over oil leak on shore
International Desk : Kuwait’s national oil company has declared a state of emergency over an oil leak in one of its southwestern oil fields.
Monday’s statement by the Kuwait Oil Co. did not identify the onshore oil field affected by the leak, which began Sunday.
The state-run Kuwait News Agency said the leak hit the al-Maqwa field.
The company said there’s no sign of a toxic gas leak. It offered no details about how many barrels of oil had been spilled.
OPEC member Kuwait is a major oil producer. The U.S. Energy Information Administration says Kuwait produces some 2.7 million barrels of crude oil a day and holds the world’s sixth-largest oil reserves.
In August, Kuwait announced a spill at its Ahmadi field. A February fire struck another oil well after a spill.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby