Khaleda Zia’s counsel falls unconscious during trial
Dhaka : BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s lawyer and advisor Advocate Abdus Salam fell unconscious during a hearing session over Zia Orphanage Trust graft case on Monday.
Abdus Salam fell in a faint when he was sitting with the other lawyers during the hearing session at about 12:10pm.
BNP Chairperson’s advisor Abdul Awal Mintoo said Abdus Salam fell down on his chair while he was drinking water. Later, he was taken to the hospital.
Following the incident, the trial procedures were paused for a while.
Earlier, the BNP chief reached the court of Judge Abu Ahmed Jamadar of Dhaka’s Special Judge’s Court-3, set up at the playground of Govt Alia Madrasah in Dhaka’s Bakshibazar at about 11:10am.
On 26 January, the Special Judge Court-3 fixed 30 January as the date of hearing and asked Zia to appear before it.
On 8 August 2011, the ACC filed the Zia Charitable Trust graft case with Tejgaon Police Station accusing four people, including Khaleda Zia, for abusing power in raising funds for the trust from unknown sources.
Besides, the ACC filed the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case on 3 July, 2008 with Ramna Police Station accusing Khaleda Zia, her eldest son Tarique Rahman, now living in the UK after securing bail, and four others for misappropriating over Tk 21. 0 million (2.10 crore) that came as grants from a foreign bank for orphans.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby