Khaleda Zia asked to appear before court 25 April
Dhaka : A Dhaka court on Monday asked BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia to appear before it on 25 April in 11 cases, including the sedition one filed for her remarks about the number of martyrs during the 1971 Liberation War.
Dhaka Metropolitan Session Judge Kamrul Hossain Mollah passed the order after hearing a time petition filed by Khaleda Zia’s lawyer Sanaullah Mia.
Of the 11 cases, eight were filed with Darus Salam and two others with Jatrabari police stations in connection with arson attacks on vehicles in 2015 while another was filed with a Dhaka court on sedition charge for her remarks on the number of Liberation War martyrs.
Meanwhile, the High Court (HC) on Sunday stayed the trial proceedings of the two cases out of total eight filed with Darus Salam Police Station for six months.
On 29 March, the HC stayed the trial proceedings of the sedition case.
However, the Sessions court asked Khaleda to appear before it in the all 11 cases as the HC’s stay order over the three case proceedings are yet to reach the lower court.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby