Khaleda refrained BNP to observe Genocide Day
MADARIPUR : Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan today
came down heavily on Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) not to observe the Genocide Day saying BNP chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia refrained the party to observe the day.
“The BNP chairperson didn’t allow the party leaders and workers to observe the Genocide Day as she signed a deal which barred holding trial of mass killing committed before 2002 in the world,” he said.
The minister was speaking as the chief guest at the annual Milad Mahfil of Government Nazimuddin College here.
Principal of the college Nurul Haque presided over the function, while Additional Police Super Md Ansar Uddin, ex-principal of the college Hiten Chandra Mandol, Sadar Upazila Chairman Pavelur Rahman Shafik Khan, Poura Mayor Khalid Hossain Iyad and Chhatra League leader Jahid Hossein Anik were present.
Pointing out that the next general election of the country would be held under Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in 2019, the shipping minister urged BNP to take part in the polls.
“BNP always makes allegations that free and fair election is not possible under the present government but Comilla City Corporation has proved that free and impartial elections are possible under the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina,” he said.
In this connection, Shajahan Khan posed a question that if the election did not take place in a free and neutral manner, how BNP won the polls.
While talking about the much-awaited Padma Bridge, he said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is constructing the bridge in government’s own funding taking the World Bank challenge.
The minister hoped that the people of southern region would be able to go Dhaka by using Padma Bridge by the year 2018 as its 40 percent work has already been completed.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby