Khadija gives testimony before court
Sylhet : College student Khadija Akter, who was stabbed by a Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) leader five months earlier, appeared before Sylhet Chief Metropolitan Magistrate’s Court (CMM) on Sunday for giving her deposition in a case over the knife attack.
The court started recording Khadija’s testimony at about 11:30am.
Earlier, Khadija Akhter was summoned by the court for her testimony, but she could not come as she did not get release from hospital.
On 24 February, Khadija Akter, who was undergoing treatment at Savar Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Paralysed (CRP) returned home.
Her physician, Sayed Uddin Helal said Khadija is fully recovered now. She wants to resume her study after going back home.
‘After three-month long physiotherapy at CRP, I can now do my normal activities without any assistance from others,’ Khadija told reproters.
Earlier, on 23 February, Dr Syed Uddin Helal, head of medical service and consultant neurosurgeon of CRP, at a press conference said ‘Khadija’s condition has improved much. Now she can go back home within a day or two.’
‘After three months of physiotherapy, Khadija is now can do his normal activities without any assistance from others. But, it’ll take 5-6 years for the recovery of her head injuries,’ the physician added.
Khadija, a second-year degree student of Sylhet Govt Mohila College, was stabbed by Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) unit BCL leader Badrul Alam on her way home from MC College after appearing at an examination on 3 October, following the refusal of his proposal for having a love affair with him.
Hearing the victim screaming, other students rescued Khadija, and caught Badrul and handed him over to police after giving him a good thrashing.
Khadija was first taken to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital from where she was moved to Square Hospitals in Dhaka as her condition deteriorated.
She was moved to CRP from the Square Hospitals on November 28.
On 8 November, police pressed charges of attempt to murder against Badrul who was later indicted in the case.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem