Kathalbari Ferry Ghat to ease people’s sufferings
DHAKA : Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan said today sufferings of the country’s south-western people would be eased after shifting Kaurakandi Ferry Ghat to Kathalbari.
“It will also raise frequency in the ferry movement saving the people’s transport cost and time,” he told a function after inaugurating Ilias Ahamed Chowdhury Ferry Ghat (Kathalbari Ferry Ghat) under Shibchar upazila in Madaripur district.
Nur Alam Liton MP, Roksana Yeasmin MP, project director of Padma Bridge Shafikul Islam, secretary of Bridges Division Khandaker Anwarul Islam, deputy commissioner M Kamal Uddin Biswas, Zila parishad chairman Miajuddin Khan and police super M Sarwar Hossain were present, among others.
Shajahan Khan said the government has developed the Kathalbari Ferry Ghat and adjacent roads of the ghat.
The government has decided to shift the ferry ghat for smooth construction of Padma Bridge. Besides, it would also help reduce as many as five kilometers naval route.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby