Kamal asks pirates to return to normal life
PATUAKHALI : Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal today urged all pirates in the Sundarbans and maritime areas to return back to normal life as the government created an opportunity for them to do the same.
“The government would take stern action against those pirates who would not abandon piracy and return back to normal life,” he said while speaking as the chief guest at a function marking the surrendering of a bandit group of the Sundarbans at Kuakata under Mohipur thana here.
A bandit group known as ‘Noa Bahini’ formally surrendered to the home minister with their arms and ammunitions. The home minister welcomed the bandits for returning to normal life and said those who surrendered would get all cooperation from the government.
The government is pledge-bound to free the entire Bangladesh from terrorists and bandits and described the Sundarbans as one of the important areas in the country, he said.
Asaduzzaman urged Jahangir bahini along with eight other bandits group to return back to normal life from piracy in the Sundarbans and coastal areas.
A total of 12 bandits surrendered with firearms and ammunitions to the minister, including chief of Noa Bahini M Baki Billah alias Noa Miah (37), M Monirul Sheikh (38), M manzur Mollah, (42), M Mukta Sheikh, (37), M Tariqul Sheikh, (60), M Akbar Sheikh, (42), M Kibria Morol, (40), M Jahangir Sheikh, (48), M Al-Amin Sikder, (50), M Yunus Sheikh, (40), M Miladul Mollah, (28) and M Mosharraf Hossain, (37). They hailed from Mongla and Rampal in Bagerhat district.
They deposited seven foreign-made single-barrel guns, eight foreign-made double-barrel guns, two foreign-made air rifles, three one shooter guns, one 303 rifle, three foreign-made cut guns, 25 firearms and 1,105 rounds of ammunition.
According to Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) sources, a team of RAB-8 conducted raids in the Pashur river of Chandpai Range of the Sundarbans on Thursday and Friday. On the second day of the raid, the bandits took shelter at Putkhali canal and expressed their desire to surrender.
RAB Director General Benazir Ahmed, RAB-8 commander Lieutenant Colonel Anwar Uz Zaman and other law-enforcement agencies officials were present on the occasion, among others.
Earlier, the minister distributed winter clothes and gave Taka 20,000 among 33 pirates.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby