Jatiya Party preparing for next general elections
RANGPUR : Special Envoy to the Prime Minister and Jatiya Party (JP) Chairman Alhaj Hussein Muhammad Ershad today said that his party has been preparing itself to take part in the next general elections.
“It will be enough as Jatiya Party will support the government if it enacts necessary law to constitute Election Commission (EC) and it will have no effect either BNP accepts or rejects enactment of any such law,” Ershad said.
He was replying to various questions asked by the local journalists at his ‘Polli Nibas’ residence in the city on his arrival there from Dhaka on a three-day visit to Rangpur.
“The condition of BNP is very miserable as the party is nowhere now— It has become very difficult for BNP to even save its existence —- So, nothing will depend on BNP’s decision,” Ershad said.
Ershad said, “Organizational strengthen of Jatiya Party is well —- We are ready to take part in the next parliamentary elections— and we will go to power if the elections are held in a free and fair manner.”
Convener of district unit of Jatiya Party Mofazzal Hossain Master, its Member-secretary Hossain Mokbul Shahriar Asif, Convener of its Rangpur city unit Mostafizur Rahman Mostafa and Member-secretary S M Yasser, leaders of the district and city units of Jatiya Party were present.
More News »
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84
- iPhone 7 goes red to help fight AIDS