It’s her business, claims Arafat Sunny’s mother
Dhaka : Mother of Bangladesh national cricketer Arafat Sunny — arrested by police on Sunday for allegedly breaching strict internet laws — blamed the woman who accused the cricketer of uploading sensitive photos on social media.
Nargis Akter — Sunny’s mother — accused the plaintiff Nasrin Sultana ‘is a bad girl’.
On Sunday morning, police raided the home of the 30-year-old slow left-arm bowler in the Dhaka suburb of Aminbazar and arrested him after his ex-wife filed a complaint two weeks ago, said local police chief Jamaluddin Mir.
‘Investigate (about) my son. Investigate (about) that girl. I request you to explore about this girl’s whereabouts. What is the relationship between that girl and Sunny? She filed a case. She is not a good girl. She lacks quality. This is her profession. How much money she bribed the police (for filing the case)’, Nargis Akter told reporters.
Earlier on 5 January, a young woman named Nasrin Sultana filed a case against Sunny claiming she was married to him.
A Dhaka court on Sunday placed Bangladesh National Cricket team player Arafat Sunny on a day police custody in a case filed over blackmailing a woman through exposing her personal photos on social networking site Facebook.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Pranab Kumar Hui granted the custody for interrogation.
The spinner has played 16 one-day internationals, taking 24 wickets, and 10 Twenty20 internationals in which he picked up 12 wickets.
He was suspended from international matches during the 2016 ICC World Twenty20 for an illegal bowling action.
Since then he has been playing domestic first-class cricket for Dhaka Metropolis.
Sunny is the third national team cricketer to have been arrested in recent years, after pacemen Rubel Hossain and Shahadat Hossain.
Rubel was jailed in 2015 after he was charged in a rape case filed by an actress who claimed to be his fiancé.
The fast bowler was however granted bail days after his arrest to join the squad for the 2015 World Cup. The actress later withdrew the charges.
Shahadat spent nearly two months in custody last year after he and his wife were arrested on charges of torturing an 11-year-old girl whom he employed as a maid.
A court acquitted the couple.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby