Iraqi troops kill 125 IS terrorists
Baghdad, shadhinbangla24.com : Iraqi troops killed 125 Islamic State (IS) terrorists and took control of two new neighbourhoods in Mosul on Tuesday, military officials said. Anti-terror forces stormed al-Sukar neighbourhood on the eastern front of Mosul killing more than 25 militants, a senior commander said.
The forces also destroyed a mortar launcher and an IS car bomb in an operation supported by the international coalition, Efe news reported.
The commander explained that the forces of the federal police and army’s IX brigade completely dominated the districts of Palestine and Doumiz on the southeast axis and have advanced to liberate the Sumar neighbourhood.
The commander noted that Iraqi and the US-led international coalition warplanes destroyed several machines of the radical organisation on Tuesday morning.
Iraqi troops, backed by Kurdish Peshmergas and Shia militias, as well as aviation and military advisers from the international anti-terrorist coalition, are seeking to remove IS from areas it occupied in June 2014 in northern Iraq in the offensive launched last October.
More News »
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises