Indian soldier kills three colleagues
International Desk : A paramilitary soldier from one of India’s elite security units shot dead three colleagues and injured another on Thursday in an apparent row over leave, police said.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) soldier fired indiscriminately at four senior officers at the barracks in Aurangabad district in eastern India’s Bihar state before trying to flee.
“There was some argument between the victims and the accused before he opened indiscriminate fire. He tried to flee but was caught by his colleagues,” Satya Prakash, Aurangabad police chief, told AFP.
“We don’t know what exactly led to the firing but he was upset over vacations.”
All the victims were unarmed and were off-duty when the incident took place at a thermal power plant where they were stationed, Prakash said.
The CISF guards the country’s most vital civil and government installations including airports, atomic plants and government buildings.
India’s security forces have historically had a high incidence of suicides and killings linked to long hours, poor working conditions and inadequate time off.
In 2014, a soldier killed five colleagues before shooting himself in Indian-administered Kashmir after a superior denied him leave.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem