India “strong ally, good friend” of Bangladesh
DHAKA : Indian President Pranab Mukherjee said Bangladesh and India have succeeded in enhancing and intensifying their cooperation in areas of two countries’ shared interest, while Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi described India as a “strong ally and good friend” of Bangladesh.
The Indian President and the Prime Minister made the remarks while extending their warm greetings and felicitations to the government and the people of Bangladesh on the occasion of the 47th Independence and National Day.
In his message sent to his Bangladesh counterpart Abdul Hamid, Pranab Mukherjee said it is a matter of satisfaction that the close relations between India and Bangladesh have “substantially expanded” in recent years.
“We have succeeded in enhancing and intensifying our cooperation in areas of our shared interest … I am confident that our joint efforts will contribute to the realisation of the aspirations of our respective peoples,” he said.
The Indian President said, “On behalf of the government, the people of India and on my own behalf, it is with immense pleasure that I extend warm greetings and felicitations to you and the people of Bangladesh on the occasion of your National Day.”
He conveyed his best wishes for the continued progress and prosperity of the people of Bangladesh.
In a separate message through live radio programme ‘MannKiBaat’, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said India will always stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of Bangladesh.
He also pointed out that India is a “strong ally and a good friend” of Bangladesh and the two countries will continue to work for peace, security and development in the region.
“I pray that Bangladesh progresses rapidly and achieves more development,” the Indian Prime Minister twitted tagging a joint photo with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Modi also twitted paying tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and extended his greetings to the people of Bangladesh on the occasion of the Independence Day.
The Indian Prime Minister said it was a historic battle against injustice and unprecedented victory of the people of Bangladesh under the leadership of Bangabandhu.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem