ICT probe body finalizes report against 4 Netrokona war criminals
DHAKA : The investigation agency of the International Crimes Tribunal (ICT) today finalized probe report against four alleged war criminals from Netrokona.
The accused are Azizur Rahman, 65, Ashak Ali, 82, Md Shahnewaz, 88, and Khalilur Rahman, 72, of Durgapur upazila of Netrokona. Of these, apart from Khalilur all the accused are behind bars right now.
“We have found evidences of five kinds of crimes including murder and rape against these four. Of the four, Khalilur was the commander of local Al-Badr Bahini,” Abdul Hannan Khan, chief coordinator of the agency, told the newsmen at a press briefing held at its office this morning.
The probe agency boss said during the investigation they have found involvement of the accused with the killing of 22 people, rape of a woman, looting of 15 houses and setting fire to seven of those in Durgapur and Kalmakanda upazila in Netrakona.
“There were five accused in the case but Ramjan Ali, 78, died of old age complications in police custody on September 30, 2016. So we left his name out of the list,” said M Sanaul Huq, senior coordinator of the investigation agency.
According to the agency, all the accused were involved with politics of either Muslim League or Jamaat-e-Islami in the early 70’s and subsequently joined Razakar and Al-Badr as the war started.
“We initiated the probe on April 30, 2015, and recorded testimonies of 79 people while making this 546-page report. It is 46th probe report from the agency,” Khan added.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem