Home Economics College students block Nilkhet road
Dhaka : Students of Home Economics College staged demonstrations on Nilkhet road, disrupting vehicular movement on Monday morning to press home their demand of declaring the college as an institute of Dhaka University.
A group of students took to the street in Nilkhet intersection and adjacent areas at about 11:00am and staged demonstrations after blocking the road.
The students’ other demands also include increasing transport, library facilities, and declaring all the Home Economic colleges across the country as a unit.
They also declared to continue demonstration till their demands are fulfilled. The students also announced to boycott classes and examination as part of their protest.
Earlier, on 11 March, the students of Home Economics College blocked the New Market road in pursuit of their demands.
Vehicular movement on the road at Mirpur road, Azimpur, Dhaka University campus area, and New Market area came to halt due to the blockade.
The New Market police Inspector Abdus Salam said the law enforcers are trying to drive away the students from the road.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem